Solicitor and Client Costs
Our team of experienced legal costs experts are regularly instructed in relation to solicitor and client costs disputes.
We have extensive experience of Detailed Assessments and litigation arising from the Solicitors Act 1974, and its application in Part 46 of the Civil Procedure Rules. We can provide detailed breakdowns of bills, advise on the enforceability of solicitor and client retainers and undertake negotiations on your behalf.
Whether you require advice on compliance issues under the Solicitors Code of Conduct or preparing interim/final invoicing on behalf of the solicitor to the client, our experienced team of legal costs experts can assist.
Our Solicitor And Client Costs Services
Our range of services relating to solicitor and client costs disputes include:
- Preparing interim and final breakdowns of costs
- Providing advice on the validity and enforceability of retainers
- Preparing gross sum bills
- Inspecting contested files and advising in relation to the reasonableness of the time spent
- Preparing breakdowns in support of bills for Detailed Assessment under the Solicitors Act 1974
- Attending Directions Hearings
- Attending Detailed Assessment Hearings
- Preparing Points of Dispute or Replies to Points of Dispute
- Engaging in negotiations and preparing advice
Solicitor And Client Costs – How We Can Help
When disputes arise between a client and their Solicitor, the matter can often become highly contentious and acrimonious.
Our team of legal costs experts are experienced in dealing with such matters, either negotiating an amicable agreement between the parties or providing representation in Solicitors Act proceedings. Whichever approach is required, we maintain a focus on resolving the issues in dispute in the most economic and efficient manner.
We can deal with the entirety of the Detailed Assessment process in solicitor and client costs disputes, including the hearing itself, thereby removing the burden from you.
Make a Free Enquiry
Call 0800 086 2929, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our Free Online Enquiry Form to arrange a free, no-obligation discussion with one of our legal costs experts.